Need a Drupal site built?
Many organizations are increasingly seeing Drupal as a reliable, open source option for developing their website. That's because Drupal has an active community and there are many modules to take advantage of.
Should I have my Web site built in Drupal?
With more than 20 years of programming experience implementing small to complex websites, we are often asked what the best approach to building a website is.
The answer, as with many questions is; "It depends." For some clients, the best choice is to have a Drupal website built. For other clients, it makes more sense to choose a different solution.
There are many factors that determine if Drupal is the best fit for your website.
Benefits of Drupal.
- Open source- Drupal is basically free and open source. Of course, this does not mean that the installation, building and maintenance of the website is free. It simply means that you can use the system as you see fit.
- Fine speed. Compared to other open source systems, such as Wordpress or Joomla, Drupal scores fine on speed, as long as you do not use too many modules. This is mainly due to the built-in caching system
- Many modules. Because of Drupal's popularity, there are a huge number of modules available, plus you can always add your own.
- Security. Unlike other systems such as Wordpress, Drupal pays a lot of attention to security. Although open source systems will always suffer from security problems, because the code is available to everyone
Disadvantages of Drupal
- Complexity- Creating and developing a website in Drupal is not easy, and it has quite a learning curve to work with it properly.
A Drupal website, because of its unfriendly interface, is challenging to manage without developer help.- Many all-new versions.In recent years, many new Drupal versions have been released that are not compatible with previous versions, which can mean you have to invest heavily to get your website secure and up to date again
Is Drupal the best choice for me?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to what is the best choice for your website or project. It depends on a number of factors, including, of course, whether you yourself are willing to become familiar with a complex system, and whether you see advantages while also understanding the disadvantages.
There are other advantages and disadvantages, but we can best discuss them once we know you and your project, and then we will gladly compare Drupal with other options, such as Exolog or Wordpress.